5 Healthy Fall Treats Kids Will Love
- Sandwiches on a Stick. Use the same concept of kabobs to make these fun and delicious kid-friendly sandwiches. Provide a skewer, meat, vegetables, cheese, and your choice of toppings. Allow your kids to assemble their own. These are great for packing in lunches too!
- If your kids like pizza, try our Easy Vegetable Focaccia as a healthy alternative.
- Ask the kids to help with a sweet potato and baked apple mash. Combine baked sweet potatoes and apple, a small amount of butter, cinnamon and sugar. Ask them to help “mash” it all together!
- o If your child is a pasta lover, try mixing veggies in with the pasta to create Vegetable Pasta with Tomatoes.
- Colorful Mac & Cheese. Who doesn’t love mac & cheese? Add some color and nutrition with broccoli, tomatoes, asparagus, and all of your other favorite vegetables. Remember to use whole wheat pasta and low-fat cheese and milk!
- Homemade Fruit Leather. Peel and pit peaches (or a fruit of your choice) then purée in a blender. Pour the purée onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets and dry in a dehydrator or in the oven at a very low temperature. Letting this cook overnight will give you a warm, welcoming treat in the morning!
- Banana Dogs. Spread peanut butter and honey on whole wheat hot dog bun, place a peeled banana on the bun and enjoy a creative rendition of a hot dog, only healthier!
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database