Am a one person house hold and to this day I still have a hard time to figure out how to make a one person meal, soup or hot dish. All my life I have cooked for 5 to 8 people meal. How can I get meals so I don’t have to put in the fridge or freeze. Can you help or tell me where to go? thanks.
I know this can be very difficult to switch from making large meals to making small meals. Here are some helpful tips:
- Determine the number of serving of a recipe and divide it by that number to create a one person meal (this is trial and error for the taste quality because some of the recipes don’t work as well when you cut them in half or more).
- Snack! You can easily make a one person snack that is nutrient dense and delicious. Try these Pineapple Tidbits They’re quick, easy, and don’t leave any leftovers.
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables, clean them, and chop them at the beginning of each week for easy additions to all your meals. Fruit & Vegetable Storage and Selection
- Buy already washed spinach or romaine lettuce to make a quick salad. Top with beans and you have a complete meal!
- Most grocery stores offer frozen fruits, vegetables, poultry, and other meat and meatless products that can be used as needed. If you are just cooking for yourself for the night, just use one chicken breast or one veggie burger. Add a salad, side of fruit, and a beverage and you have a well balanced meal!