It is important for BOTH children and adults to eat fruits and vegetables! Children specifically need to eat their fruits and vegetables for a number of reasons, including:
- Provide essential nutrients that are needed while growing
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent early accumulation of fat build up in the arteries that has been linked with heart disease later in adulthood
- The eating habits they learn now will STICK into adulthood
- Provide them with energy for their active lifestyles
- Decreases their risk for many of the leading causes of death
Sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter to receive the latest nutrition information, helpful tips, weekly menus, recipes and tons of other useful nutrition information!