I live alone and hate wasting food so I tend to eat out more often than in..is there a site that I can find how to shop and cook for one person…thanks
I know this can be very difficult to learn how to adjust to cooking for one person. However, instead of eating out try some of these helpful tips:
- Determine the number of serving of a recipe and divide it by that number to create a one person meal (this is trial and error for the taste quality because some of the recipes don’t work as well when you cut them in half or more).
- Snack! You can easily make a one person snack that is nutrient dense and delicious. Try these Pineapple Tidbits! They’re quick, easy, and don’t leave any leftovers.
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables, clean them, and chop them at the beginning of each week for easy additions to all your meals. Fruit and Vegetable Storage and Selection Information
- Buy already washed spinach or romaine lettuce to make a quick salad. Top with beans and you have a complete meal!
- Most grocery stores offer frozen fruits, vegetables, poultry, and other meat and meatless products that can be used as needed. If you are just cooking for yourself for the night, just use one chicken breast or one veggie burger. Add a salad, side of fruit, and a beverage and you have a well balanced meal!