Tropical Fruit Parfait with Honey-Vanilla Yogurt
This tropical fruit parfait is easy to prepare
and makes a quick, cool treat.
For a different tasty treat, feel free to experiment with your personal favorite fruits, and remember, canned fruits can be used too.
1 qt nonfat plain yogurt2 vanilla beans2 Tbsp honey1 1/2 cups diced banana1 cup diced mango1 1/2 cups diced pineapple1/4 cup diced dried apricots2 oz granola
1. Drain the yogurt for several hours or overnight in a cloth lined sieve under refrigeration.
2. Split the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape the seeds into a mixing bowl. Add the drained yogurt and honey. Stir until well combined. Refrigerate until needed.
3. Place the diced fruits in a bowl, toss to combine.
4. Alternately layer the yogurt with the fruit mixture in 5 clear glasses.
5. Top the parfait with granola and serve immediately.
Recipe by The Culinary Institute of America, developed for Fruits & Veggies – More Matters