Eat Your Greens!
Studies show adults who eat at least one cup of these leafy green disease-fighters per day cut their lung cancer risk in
half!¹ Why? Green veggies are rich in vitamins A and C and antioxidants which all play a role in protecting us against cancer. (Vitamin A and C supplements don’t give the same protection.)
daily life …
- Use romaine and red leaf lettuce in salads instead of iceberg lettuce
- Add chopped cabbage to soups
- Layer fresh spinach into your sandwiches
- Add chopped arugula or spinach to pasta sauce
- As a side dish, sauté Swiss chard or Kale with garlic, then add balsamic vinegar
- Eat a side of coleslaw with your sandwich instead of potato chips
There are many things you can do to celebrate your commitment to good health. Here are some quick and easy tips to try out in March then make a part of your healthy life …
- Focus on variety by eating a variety of foods from all the food groups.
- Fruits and vegetables can be fresh, canned or frozen.
- Look for locally grown produce that’s in season.
- Vary protein choices with more fish, beans and peas.
- Include at least three servings of whole grain cereals, breads, crackers, rice or pasta every day.