The Everyday Chef: Shredded Vegetable and Soba Salad
Andrew Dole, RDN, CEC
Everyday Chef, Fruits & Veggies—More Matters
You don’t have to be handy with a knife to make dinner in under 15 minutes. I’ll show you how to use an inexpensive and nifty kitchen gadget that’s been around Asian kitchens for ages. Learn how to quickly cut vegetables and create a creamy dressing for this shredded vegetable and soba noodle salad.
Shredded Vegetable and Soba Noodle Salad
Noodles and Vegetables
Soba Noodles, Cooked
Zucchini Squash , Julienned
Purple Cabbage, Julienned
Broccoli Stalk, Julienned
Creamy Asian Dressing
1. Cooked soba noodles in simmering water for approximately 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain, rinse in cold water, hold in cold water until ready to use.
2. Julienne or shred vegetables, combine and reserve.
3. Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Drain cold soaking noodles and add to dressing, tossing gently to coat.
5. Fold in shredded vegetables and cilantro.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds.
The beauty of this recipe is you don’t really need a recipe. If you can shred it you can use it. Just about any noodle and vegetable combination works!
Photo Credit: Andrew Dole