Fruit & Veggie Popsicles
Are you looking for a way to eat more fruits and veggies and stay cool? You have probably heard about real fruit popsicles, but what about adding veggies to the summertime treat? Veggie popsicles can be a fun and colorful way to give your family an extra serving of vegetables. These homemade versions of the popular summertime pleasure are nutritious because they are made from whole fruits and veggies, and you leave out the added sugar!
What You Need Fresh fruits and veggies, blender, 100% juice or water, popsicle molds or ice cube trays, and a freezer.
First, pick out your favorite fruit and veggie combinations and add to a blender with a little 100% juice or water, so it blends smoothly. After blending, add to popsicle mold and freeze several hours until frozen.
Also try your favorite smoothie recipe. Use your imagination to create your favorite concoction! The flavor combinations are endless, and you can make them to suit your family’s taste.
Here’s my favorite recipe to get you started on your popsicle adventure …
Blend water and spinach until smooth. Add mango, pineapple, and banana. Blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, freeze several hours until frozen. Enjoy.
Try This! Layer different colors of fruit or veggie mixtures …
- Orange Sweet potatoes, apple juice, honey and cinnamon
- Yellow Bananas, yellow bell peppers, lemons, and squash
- Pink Strawberries, celery, and peeled zucchini
- Red Tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, red grapes
- Purple Red leaf lettuce, blueberries, blackberries
- Light Green White grapes, celery, lettuce
- Medium Green Kiwis, green leaf lettuce, spinach
- Dark Green Blackberries, cucumbers, spinach