5 Healthy Appetizers
- Blue Cheese Spread. This no-fuss spread is perfect for a holiday party and it can be made ahead of time. Try serving it with crackers, crostini (toasted bread rounds), carrots and other crunchy vegetables. Recipe: Celery with Apricot Blue Cheese Spread
- Pear Dip. Skip the cheese and crackers platter and serve this delicious dip at your next party. Try it with apple slices or grapes. Recipe: Cheddar & Parmesan Pear Dip
- Party Tray. Offer a party tray of different vegetable choices such as carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower along with a healthy vegetable dip made with non-fat sour cream. Recipe: Carrot Tuna Vegetable Dip
- Quesadillas. Quesadillas are always a crowd pleaser, especially when served with a simple, homemade salsa. Feel free to add your favorite squash and other vegetables to this festive dish. Recipe: Roasted Winter Squash and Mozzarella Quesadillas
- Dark Chocolate Covered … Whatever! Dip peaches, strawberries and bananas in a small amount (only ¼ of the fruit) of melted dark chocolate. Refrigerate and serve.
5 Healthy Breakfasts
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a quick, satisfying, and delicious way to start your day. Customize our Heartwarming Oatmeal recipe by adding your favorite fruits.
- Parfait. Layer nonfat yogurt with your favorite fruits, such as blueberries or bananas. Top with low-fat granola and enjoy! Recipe: Purple Party Parfait
- Frittata. Vegetables accent frittatas perfectly. Make frittatas with lots of vegetables and use egg substitutes. Recipe: Vegetable Frittata
- Smoothie. Offer a Power Gold Smoothie that not only tastes wonderful, but is full of color and nutrition.
- 5. Homemade Fruit Spread. Purée your favorite fruits for a sweet spread full of antioxidants. Top whole wheat toast or biscuits for an easy breakfast!
5 Healthy Favors & Gifts
- Preserves. Visit your local farmers market and stock up on jams, preserves, and jellies. Tie each jar with a decorative bow and send your guests home with a delicious local treat!
- Granola. This easy-to-prepare party favor can be packaged in decorative cellophane or Ziploc bags. Tie a note to each bag suggesting guests try it with fat-free vanilla yogurt and a banana! Recipe: Dried Fruit and Almond Granola
- Fruit Baskets. Gather a bunch of little baskets, cut up fruit of your choice (use cookie cutters to make it fancy), and place on skewers for a wonderful gift!
- Cinnamon Apple Chips. These tasty chips only require 2 apples, 100% apple juice and cinnamon sticks! Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Chips
- Fruity Trail Mix. Everyone loves trail mix because it’s full of vitamins and minerals plus … it’s delicious! Try mixing heart-healthy nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios and pecans with dried fruit and dark chocolate. Recipe: Fruity Trail Mix
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database