Holidays Mean More Fun with Food!
The holidays are time to celebrate with family and friends and the dining room table is always the center of these celebrations. We enjoy the family traditional family recipes as well as incorporating new dishes that reflect our own tastes and personality.
The options to incorporate delicious varieties of fruits and veggies to your Holiday table are endless:
- Start every meal with a memorable salad; top your greens with sliced apples, dried cranberries and vegetables. Delight your guests with the unexpected like jicama, sprouts and avocado.
- Try a warm Apple cobbler or crisp and for a new twist add pears and dried cherries.
- Slice a variety of citrus such as tangerines, Mandarins, Clementine’s and naval oranges garnished with fresh basil leaves, black and green olives then drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a refreshing seasonal salad.
- Asparagus spears steamed and served through a lemon slice look as good as they taste.
- Vegetable medleys make such an attractive side dish while adding multiple flavors and nutrition to your meal.
- In the past, berries were strictly a summer indulgence. Now, with the Chilean crop becoming available in December, surprise your guests with these sweet juicy treats!
And the best part, enjoy a little of everything in moderation: No guilt involved and maximum enjoyment by all! Happy Holidays to you and your families.
Chef Michael Grieb
Cub Foods Culinary Expert