How to Create a Smoothie
Just use any fruit or vegetable you have on hand … fresh, frozen or canned. Kids will have fun creating new flavor combinations, maybe peach mango or cranberry grape! There are many recipe sites on the internet that can help you with your recipe search.
Basic Steps to Create a Smoothie …
- Start with any fruit or vegetable: fresh, frozen or canned.
- Use milk, soymilk, yogurt or fruit juice to make the smoothie the consistency you prefer.
- Add ice.
- If you want to sweeten, use honey, agave or other sweetener of your choice.
- Add peanut butter or protein powder to add protein for added nutrients.
- Blend ingredients in a blender till smooth.
All Fruit Smoothie
Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie
- 10 ounces skim milk or plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 medium banana
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 6-ounce carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
Green Blast Smoothie
Recipes courtesy allrecipes.com