According the University of Illinois Extension
To freeze eggplants:
- Wash, peel if desired, and slice 1/3-inch thick. Prepare quickly, enough eggplant for one blanching at a time.
- Water blanch, covered for 4 minutes in one gallon boiling water containing 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled).
- Cool, drain and package, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Seal in zip closure freezer bags and seal and freeze.
To freeze summer squash:
- Blanch and freeze cubes or slices of summer squash or grate and freeze zucchini.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and cut away the seedy middle section.
- Wash, grate and freeze in one cup portions. Use zip closure freezer bags or rigid freezer containers leaving 1/2 inch head space.
Visit our recipe database for eggplant and summer squash recipes before your freeze all of them!