By 30 Minutes or Less
This omelet is great for breakfast, lunch ... or dinner!
5 small Potatoes, peeled and sliced
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 medium Onion, minced
1 small Zucchini, sliced
1 1/2 cups green/red peppers, sliced thin
5 medium Mushrooms, sliced
3 whole Eggs, beaten
5 Egg whites, beaten
Pepper and garlic salt to taste
3 oz Mozzarella cheese, fat free, shredded
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Spray a large pan with vegetable spray and warm on medium heat. Add the onion and saute until brown.
- Add vegetables and saute until tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozarella cheese. Stir egg and cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- Spray a 10-inch pie pan with vegetable spray. Transfer potatoes and egg mixuture into the pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until firm and brown on top.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 14%
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Protein: 18g
- Recipe Credit
Courtesy of the National Diabetes Education Program
- Comments (0)