Chicken and Fruit Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
Forget the fat from mayo and try this low-fat version of chicken salad!
1 lb roasted chicken breast, skinless
3 cups spinach
2 medium-sized pink or white grapefruits
2 medium-sized Red Delicious apples
3/4 lb seedless green grapes
1/3 cup fat-free Dijon salad dressing
- Remove and discard skin from ckicken (if not skinless). Tear chicken into bite-size pieces or shred.
- Chop 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves and leave remaining 2 cups aside.
- Cut peel from grapefruit and remove sections with a knife.
- Cut unpeeled apples into 3/4 inch chunks.
- In large bowl combine chicken, chopped spinach, fruit and salad dressing. Toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange remaining spinach leaves on platter and spoon chicken salad over spinach leaves.
- Calories: 390
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- % of Calories from Fat: 10%
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Protein: 38g
- Recipe Credit
- 0 new comments