Mushroom Steak Fajitas
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Bring another serving of vegetables and important nutrients to your plate with this veggie-filled twist on classic fajitas. We've upped the vegetable ante by sauteing savory mushrooms and mixing them with steak for an umami-rich, flavorful punch. And we've sped up the prep
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.5
- Slice beef across the grain into ¼-inch strips.
- Place in a medium bowl with ½ tbsp fiesta lime seasoning; toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers, onion and remaining fiesta lime seasoning in a large bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet.
- Add beef strips; cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Place coated vegetables in skillet and sauté until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beef back to skillet and sauté mixture 1-2 more minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 33%
- Sodium: 590 mg
- Protein: 27g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Mushroom Council and National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
Make a Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments