Strawberry Sundae Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
Sweet strawberries are featured in this scrumptious salad. The protein will give you energy and keep you satisfied!
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled & sliced
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb. (2 cups) cottage cheese, 1 %
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- ½ cup granola cereal, low-fat
- Salad greens
1. Combine in electric blender container 1 cup sliced strawberries, 2 Tablespoons orange juice and sugar. Cover and process until pureed. Reserve for salad assembly.
2. Mix cottage cheese with remaining 2 Tablespoons orange juice, orange peel and granola cereal.
3. Arrange salad greens on 4 individual serving plates, topping each with ½ cup cottage cheese mixture, 1/4 cup strawberry puree, and remaining sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with additional granola cereal, if desired.
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Total Fat: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 4.52mg
- Saturated Fat: .92g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.53g
- % of Calories from Fat: 11%
- Sodium: 490.41 mg
- Protein: 16.24g
- Recipe Credit
North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- 0 new comments