Baked Carrot Fries w/Cumin
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Try adding a variety of vegetables to this recipe such as turnips, beets, and sweet potatoes!
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
1 1/2 pounds of carrots, washed and peeled
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots into 3-inch strips.
- Place carrots, oil, cumin and salt into a bowl and toss evenly to coat.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning carrots after the first 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and enjoy.
- Calories: 37
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g
- Total Fat: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- % of Calories from Fat: 27%
- Sodium: 112 mg
- Protein: 0.7g
- Recipe Credit
The University of Maine Cooperative Extension