Power Gold Smoothie
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
A blender full of spectacular color, great taste, and a nutritional explosion.
- 2 1/4 cups chopped or grated carrots*
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
Place only chopped or grated carrots in blender and turn on HIGH. Through lid, slowly drizzle in about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pineapple juice, allowing the carrots to be pureed until smooth. Slowly pour in remaining juice with honey. Allow to blend until smooth and somewhat frothy; then with blender on HIGH, add ice cubes. Blend until ice cubes are blended smooth. Stop blender, add yogurt, return lid and blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour into chilled glasses and enjoy a great taste with power and energy.
*Chef's Note: If a smoother consistency is desired, microwave the grated carrot with 1 tablespoon of water in a covered microwave dish on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed as directed above.
- Total Fat:0.7g
- Saturated Fat:0.3g
- Dietary Fiber:2g
- % of Calories from Fat:4%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments