Chicken and Fruit Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
Forget the fat from mayo and try this low-fat version of chicken salad!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 2
1 lb roasted chicken breast, skinless
3 cups spinach
2 medium-sized pink or white grapefruits
2 medium-sized Red Delicious apples
3/4 lb seedless green grapes
1/3 cup fat-free Dijon salad dressing
- Remove and discard skin from ckicken (if not skinless). Tear chicken into bite-size pieces or shred.
- Chop 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves and leave remaining 2 cups aside.
- Cut peel from grapefruit and remove sections with a knife.
- Cut unpeeled apples into 3/4 inch chunks.
- In large bowl combine chicken, chopped spinach, fruit and salad dressing. Toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange remaining spinach leaves on platter and spoon chicken salad over spinach leaves.
- Total Fat:4.5g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:10g
- % of Calories from Fat:10%
- Recipe Credit
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments