30-Minute Pumpkin Soup
By 30 Minutes or Less
This is a perfect soup for cool fall and winter evenings. It's slightly spicy and a perfect complement to grilled sandwiches. Try it with provolone and prosciutto paninis.
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp margarine
2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp chili powder
2 cans (29 oz total) vegetable broth, low-sodium
1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp salt
Dash cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp lime juice
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and red pepper in margarine until almost tender.
- Add the corn (thawed if frozen), jalapenos, garlic, and chili powder. Sauté for 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the broth, pumpkin, salt, and cayenne pepper until blended. Bring to a boil.
- Once brought to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and serve.
- Total Fat:4g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:30%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina State Plants for Human Health Institute
- 3 new comments