Mixed Greens w/Fresh Oranges & White Beans
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Here's an updated version of a Southern tradition-mixed greens with beans combined with fresh navel oranges and vinaigrette. For a quick meal, this filling salad can be made ahead of time.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.75
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb bag Glory mixed greens
- ½-1 cup water
- 2 Tropicana navel oranges
- 1 15-oz can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large uncovered sauce pan, simmer greens in water for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and let cool.
- Peel and chop oranges into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Place cooked greens, oranges, and drained, rinsed beans in a large bowl; add vinaigrette and toss.
- Total Fat:7g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:9g
- % of Calories from Fat:29%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of C. H. Robinson.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments