Eggplant and Pepper Dip
This dip is works wonderfully as an appetizer. Serve it with baked pita chips or whole grain crackers.
Ingredients1 eggplant (large)
2 red pepper
1 onion (small)
1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1⁄4 tsp salt
1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peel from the eggplant.
2. Chop the eggplant into 1 inch cubes.
3. Chop the red peppers.
4. Peel and chop the onion.
5. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
6. Spread the ingredients on a baking tray.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. While the dip is baking, stir it a few times.
8. When the eggplant is lightly browned and soft, take the dip out of the oven.
9. Let the dip cool for at least 10 minutes.
10. Put the dip the blender. Blend until smooth.
11. Serve the dip cold or at room temperature.
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 5.3%
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Protein: 1g
- Recipe Credit
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network Website Recipes
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments