Salmon Steamed with Tomato, Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) extra-long asparagus spears, drained
- 12 ounces skinned salmon fillet, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup canned, sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup canned, petite-cut, diced tomatoes, drained
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley or dill
Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil on a microwave-safe dinner plate and arrange asparagus spears in a spoke pattern with tips pointing outward, leaving 1/2-inch clear at the edge of the plate.
Arrange salmon slices in a single layer, slightly overlapping, in the center of the plate. The salmon will cover most of the asparagus stalks. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter mushrooms, tomatoes and lemon zest over all. Drizzle lemon juice and remaining olive oil over top.
Invert another microwave-safe plate of the same size and carefully place on top, lining up the edges of the two plates exactly. Place in a microwave oven, and cook at full power for 4 minutes. Rest for 1 minute, remove the top plate, scatter the parsley or dill over top and serve immediately.
- Carbohydrates: g
- Total Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Saturated Fat: g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- % of Calories from Fat: %
- Sodium: mg
- Protein: g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Canned Food Alliance
- Comments (0)