Spicy Apple-Filled Squash
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Pair this side dish with roasted chicken or pork for a complete fall meal.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4
- 1 acorn squash (about 1 pound)
1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored & sliced
2 teaspoons melted butter or margarine
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Dash ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish. Halve squash and remove seeds; cut into quarters.
- Place quarters, skin side up, in baking dish and cover; bake 30 minutes.
- Turn cut sides of acorn squash up; top with apple mixture. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- Total Fat:2g
- Saturated Fat:.4g
- Dietary Fiber:2.8g
- % of Calories from Fat:20%
- Recipe Credit
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's 5 A Day Fruits and Vegetables of the Month
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments