Spicy Apple-Filled Squash
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Pair this side dish with roasted chicken or pork for a complete fall meal.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4
Ingredients1 acorn squash (about 1 pound)
1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored & sliced
2 teaspoons melted butter or margarine
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Dash ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish. Halve squash and remove seeds; cut into quarters.
- Place quarters, skin side up, in baking dish and cover; bake 30 minutes.
- Turn cut sides of acorn squash up; top with apple mixture. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- Calories: 91
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: .4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
- % of Calories from Fat: 20%
- Sodium: 21.8 mg
- Protein: 1g
- Recipe Credit
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's 5 A Day Fruits and Vegetables of the Month
Make a Comment:
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments