Rosemary Lemon Chicken w/Vegetables
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This dish is simple, yet impressive, and can be enjoyed throughout the year.
1/2 pound small red potatoes, rinsed and cubed
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1 cup green beans, trimmed
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved (about 1 pound)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/4 ground black pepper
- In a medium pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, carrots and green beans and cook for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half. Place olive oil and chicken breasts in a medium skillet; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Add potatoes, carrots, green beans and all remaining ingredients to skillet, except 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes more or until chicken is fully cooked. Add remaining lemon juice to taste and serve.
- Total Fat:7g
- Saturated Fat:2g
- Dietary Fiber:4g
- % of Calories from Fat:23%
- Recipe Credit
- California Department of Health Champions of Change Website
- 3 new comments