Fruity Thai Pita Pockets
By 30 Minutes or Less
Bored with the same old sandwich at lunch? Liven up packed lunches with this Thai-influenced pita pocket!
1 can (15 oz) Del Monte tropical fruit salad in 100% juice
3 Tbsp reserved juice from Del Monte tropical fruit salad
4 pita pocket breads
4 cups spinach, torn
1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy/chunky
3 Tbsp cream cheese, fat-free
1 Tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium
- In a colander over a bowl, drain fruit salad well. Reserve 3 Tbsp of juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved juice, peanut butter, cream cheese, and soy sauce.
- Place drained fruit, spinach, cilantro, in bowl and mix gently. Add fruit juice sauce and toss.
- Slice a small portion of each pita and tuck sliver inside at the bottom.
- Fill each pita with the fruit-spinach mixture. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Will keep well overnight.
- Total Fat:17g
- Saturated Fat:2g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:41%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Del Monte Foods.
- 3 new comments