Mushroom Steak Fajitas
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Bring another serving of vegetables and important nutrients to your plate with this veggie-filled twist on classic fajitas. We've upped the vegetable ante by sauteing savory mushrooms and mixing them with steak for an umami-rich, flavorful punch. And we've sped up the prep
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.5
- 12 oz sirloin or other boneless steak, about ¾-inch thick
- 3 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp no-salt fiesta lime seasoning (like Mrs. Dash), divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced into strips
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 tbsp non-fat sour cream
- Slice beef across the grain into ¼-inch strips.
- Place in a medium bowl with ½ tbsp fiesta lime seasoning; toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers, onion and remaining fiesta lime seasoning in a large bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet.
- Add beef strips; cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Place coated vegetables in skillet and sauté until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beef back to skillet and sauté mixture 1-2 more minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
- Total Fat:16g
- Saturated Fat:5g
- Dietary Fiber:7g
- % of Calories from Fat:33%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Mushroom Council and National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments