Herbed Chicken with Broccoli
By 30 Minutes or Less
Mixing it up with fruits and vegetables on the same plate is delicously satisfying with this one-skillet family-friendly recipe.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
4 chicken breasts, boneless (about 1 lb)
2 Tbsp garlic and herb blend (like Mrs. Dash)
2 Tbsp Country Crock Spread, divided
1/2 cup (4 oz) water
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 medium oranges, sliced
- Coat chicken breasts with herb blend. Melt 1 Tbsp Country Crock Spread over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet (with lid, for cooking broccoli).
- Add the coated chicken and brown on both sides. Reduce heat slightly, and cook until done, turning a couple of times.
- Remove chicken from skillet; add water and broccoli to skillet, cover with lid.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 3 minutes until broccoli is slightly tender, yet still bright green.
- For each individual plate, place 1 chicken breast on plate and garnish with orange slices. Mound broccoli next to chicken and dab with remaining Country Crock Spread. Serve.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- % of Calories from Fat: 30%
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Protein: 26g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Country Crock Spreads.
- Comments (0)