Easy Vegetable Soup
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
The soup is just as easy as making soup from a can!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low-sodium
2- 16 oz packages frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (14 oz) petite diced tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large pot, bring broth to a boil.
- Add frozen vegetables and return to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes (with liquid). Add seasoning and cook on a simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- Top with parmesan cheese (optional) and serve.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 0%
- Sodium: 70 mg
- Protein: 4g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the American Frozen Food Institute and the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association.