Stuffed Garlic Spinach Bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt-added chopped, spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup diced, canned red bell peppers (pimentos)
- 12 large black olives, chopped (optional)
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, peppers, olives, crushed pepper, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch round using just enough flour on the work surface and dough to keep it from sticking. Brush off excess flour and transfer dough to a baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the center and mound the spinach mixture on one side of the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border of exposed dough at the edge.
Brush the exposed edge with water, and fold the other side of the dough over top, stretching it so that it completely encases the filling. Firmly pinch the edges together sealing the filling inside. Cut 4 slits in the top and brush with remaining olive oil. Bake until crisp and brown, about 20 minutes; cool 10 minutes before serving. Cut in 6 wedges.
- Carbohydrates: g
- Total Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Saturated Fat: g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- % of Calories from Fat: %
- Sodium: mg
- Protein: g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Canned Food Alliance
- 0 new comments