Savory Pear Salad
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
A fresh, colorful anytime salad.
- 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 1 cup diced raw pears (1 medium or 2 small)
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. buttermilk ranch dressing
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill, divided
Prepare orzo according to packaging directions. Place diced pear in a small bowl and add orange and lemon juices. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Mix in 2 teaspoons fresh dill and remaining ingredients except spinach and almonds. Refrigerate for two hours. Place equal amounts of torn spinach on four plates. Spoon equal amounts of pear salad on bed of spinach. Top with equally divided amounts of sliced almonds and remaining fresh dill.
- Total Fat:7.8g
- Saturated Fat:1.2g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:28%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Mark Goodwin, CEC CNC. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments