Mixed Greens w/Fresh Oranges & White Beans
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Here's an updated version of a Southern tradition-mixed greens with beans combined with fresh navel oranges and vinaigrette. For a quick meal, this filling salad can be made ahead of time.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.75
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb bag Glory mixed greens
- ½-1 cup water
- 2 Tropicana navel oranges
- 1 15-oz can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large uncovered sauce pan, simmer greens in water for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and let cool.
- Peel and chop oranges into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Place cooked greens, oranges, and drained, rinsed beans in a large bowl; add vinaigrette and toss.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- % of Calories from Fat: 29%
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Protein: 9g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of C. H. Robinson.