Greek Style Pasta
By 30 Minutes or Less
Let this pasta transport you to Greece with fresh basil, feta cheese and tomatoes!
1 tsp olive oil
4 tsp minced garlic
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, 'Italian style"
1 19 ounce can cannelloni beans (or other white beans), drained and rinsed
10 oz. coarsely chopped fresh spinach
16 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 with water. Bring to a boil, add pasta, bring to a boil again. Turn down water to a simmer and cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain cooked pasta.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet and toss. Mix with pasta in a large bowl. Top with feta cheese and serve.
- Total Fat:6g
- Saturated Fat:2g
- Dietary Fiber:13g
- % of Calories from Fat:12%
- Recipe Credit
- University of New Hampshire Student Health Services Good Eats Website
- 3 new comments