Simple Fish Tacos
These tacos are great all year round and contain half the sodium of most traditional tacos!
1/2 cup sour cream, non-fat
1/4 cup mayonnaise, fat-free
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, fresh
1/2 package (1 oz or 2 Tbsp) taco seasoning, low sodium, divided
1 lb cod or white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups red or green cabbage, shredded
2 cups tomatoes, diced
12 6-inch whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2 Tbsp seasoning mix.
- In medium bowl, combine cod, olive oil, lemon juice, and remaining seasoning mix. Pour into large skillet. Cook stirring constantly over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until the cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill warm tortillas with fish mixture.
- Top with cabbage, tomato, and sour cream mixture and serve.
- Total Fat:7g
- Saturated Fat:0.5g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:12%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from the CDC
- 3 new comments