Caribbean Pink Beans
By 30 Minutes or Less
The plantains give this dish its Caribbean taste!
1 lb Pink beans, canned, low sodium
10 cups Water
2 medium Plantains, finely chopped
1 large Tomato, finely chopped
1 small Red pepper, finely chopped
1 medium White onion, finely chopped
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Boil 10 cups of water in a large pot.
- Rinse beans with water and place in pot. Cook until soft.
- Add plantains, tomato, pepper, garlic, and salt. Continue cooking at low heat until the plantains are soft.
- Drain excess water and serve with or without rice.
- Total Fat:1g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:9g
- % of Calories from Fat:3%
- Recipe Credit
- Courtesy of the Department of Health and Human Services
- 3 new comments