Caribbean Pink Beans
By 30 Minutes or Less
The plantains give this dish its Caribbean taste!
1 lb Pink beans, canned, low sodium
10 cups Water
2 medium Plantains, finely chopped
1 large Tomato, finely chopped
1 small Red pepper, finely chopped
1 medium White onion, finely chopped
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Boil 10 cups of water in a large pot.
- Rinse beans with water and place in pot. Cook until soft.
- Add plantains, tomato, pepper, garlic, and salt. Continue cooking at low heat until the plantains are soft.
- Drain excess water and serve with or without rice.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- % of Calories from Fat: 3%
- Sodium: 440 mg
- Protein: 13g
- Recipe Credit
Courtesy of the Department of Health and Human Services
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments