Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Bake
By 30 Minutes or Less
This family-friendly recipe is great for leftovers too!
5 cups Water
2 1/2 cups Brown rice
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
1 Garlic clove, chopped
1 cup Skim milk
1 can (10.75 oz) Cream of mushroom soup, condensed, 98% fat free
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, low fat, grated
2 cups Chicken, skinless, cooked, shredded
2 cups Broccoli, pieces
2 cups Garbanzo beans, canned, rinsed
- Cook chicken thoroughly. Let cool then shred.
- Preheat over 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Add rice, onion and garlic and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking, combine milk, soup, salt and pepper and mix well. When rice is done cooking, combine it with milk mixture, chicken and broccoli, mix well.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and pour mixuture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle dish with cheese and bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Total Fat:5g
- Saturated Fat:1.5g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:12%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from Oregon State University
- 3 new comments