Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Bake
By 30 Minutes or Less
This family-friendly recipe is great for leftovers too!
5 cups Water
2 1/2 cups Brown rice
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
1 Garlic clove, chopped
1 cup Skim milk
1 can (10.75 oz) Cream of mushroom soup, condensed, 98% fat free
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, low fat, grated
2 cups Chicken, skinless, cooked, shredded
2 cups Broccoli, pieces
2 cups Garbanzo beans, canned, rinsed
- Cook chicken thoroughly. Let cool then shred.
- Preheat over 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Add rice, onion and garlic and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking, combine milk, soup, salt and pepper and mix well. When rice is done cooking, combine it with milk mixture, chicken and broccoli, mix well.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and pour mixuture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle dish with cheese and bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 12%
- Sodium: 520 mg
- Protein: 29g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from Oregon State University
- Comments (0)