Sweet Potato Pancakes
By 30 Minutes or Less
Swap out your traditional pancakes for these delicious vitamin- and mineral-filled pancakes!
6 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
1 cup onions, finely shredded
1 tsp salt-free herb dressing
1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 cups zucchini, finely shredded
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups egg substitute
6 tsp canola oil, divided
- In large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, onion, herb seasoning, flour, parsley, zucchini, lemon juice and egg substitute.
- In a large non-stick frying pan or griddle, warm 2 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop 1 Tbsp of batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake. Add more batter to fill the pan with thin pancakes. Cook for approximately 2 mintues on each side.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 tsp oil as needed, until al the batter is used.
- Total Fat:6g
- Saturated Fat:0.5g
- Dietary Fiber:7g
- % of Calories from Fat:21%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from the CDC
- 3 new comments