Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce
By 30 Minutes or Less
Your family and friends will enjoy this renovated form of Brussels sprouts!
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
1/2 lb Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp thyme, dried
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Steam until tender, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- In a non-stick pot, bring the broth to a boil.
- Mix in the lemon juice, mustard, mushrooms and thyme.
- Boil until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and toss well to coat with sauce.
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 0%
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Protein: 5g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the University of Connecticut Family Nutrition Program.
Make a Comment:
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments