Winter Squash & Kale Risotto w/Pine Nuts
By 30 Minutes or Less
Enjoy this risotto anytime of the year with fresh or frozen squash!
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup brown rice, short-grain
2 Tbsp pine nuts
20 oz vegetable broth, low-sodium
12 oz (1 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen winter squash, thawed and diced
2 cups kale, finely chopped
- Heat oil in large, shallow saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, onion, garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice and pine nuts and toast for approximately 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring often until liquid is nearly absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.Once liquid is absorbed, add diced squash and another 1/2 a cup of broth, stirring often. Add additional broth in 1/2 cup increments.
- Add the kale with the last 1/2 cup of broth. Cook mixture until broth is absorbed and kale is soft and bright green.
- Total Fat:7g
- Saturated Fat:0.5g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:20%
- Recipe Credit
- 3 new comments