Pocket Fruit Pies
By 30 Minutes or Less
Let your kids be part of the cooking process with these easy fruit pies!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
4 -8 inch tortillas, whole wheat
2 medium pears
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
2 Tbsp skim milk
- Warm tortillas in microwave or oven to make them easier to handle.
- Peel and chop pears into slices or cubes.
- Place 1/4 of the fruit on one side of each tortilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Roll up tortillas, starting at the end with the fruit.
- Place tortillas on un-greased baking sheet and make small slashes in each tortilla. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in over for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.
- Total Fat:4g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:14%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from the Kansas State University Cooperative Extension.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments