Pocket Fruit Pies
By 30 Minutes or Less
Let your kids be part of the cooking process with these easy fruit pies!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
4 -8 inch tortillas, whole wheat
2 medium pears
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
2 Tbsp skim milk
- Warm tortillas in microwave or oven to make them easier to handle.
- Peel and chop pears into slices or cubes.
- Place 1/4 of the fruit on one side of each tortilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Roll up tortillas, starting at the end with the fruit.
- Place tortillas on un-greased baking sheet and make small slashes in each tortilla. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in over for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 14%
- Sodium: 470 mg
- Protein: 6g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from the Kansas State University Cooperative Extension.
Make a Comment:
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments