By 30 Minutes or Less
Pasta, vegetables and a sprinkle of cheese makes this a kid-friendly classic that adults will love too!
8 oz spaghetti, uncooked, whole wheat
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp (1/2 clove) garlic, minced
4 cups assorted cooked vegetables
1 can (15 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, no-salt-added
1 can (5 1/2 oz) 100% tomato juice, low-sodium
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil and garlic in large sauce pan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (approximately 30 seconds).
- Add mixed vegetables and cook until vegetables are soft, but not browned (approximately 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and Parmesan cheese. Toss until the pasta is hot and well mixed.
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 11g
- % of Calories from Fat: 14%
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Protein: 14g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- 3 new comments