Penne Shrimp & Broccoli
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Dress up your pasta with the recipe! It's a great quick-fix when entertaining!
1 lb frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli florets
12 oz penne pasta, whole wheat
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In large skillet, saute garlic and onion in butter, oil and salt until tender.
- Add broccoli and cook on medium heat until heated (approximately 6 minutes).
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir in pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
- Total Fat:18g
- Saturated Fat:6g
- Dietary Fiber:10g
- % of Calories from Fat:26%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the American Frozen Food Institute and the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association.
- 3 new comments