Chicken w/Fava Beans, Artichokes & Almonds
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Serve this fresh spring meal with rice, orzo or polenta. Fresh lima beans work too!
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fava (or lima) beans, fresh or canned
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts in water, drained, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp grated orange peel (orange part only)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown for 5 minutes per side, using tongs to turn. Remove and set a side.
- Add almonds to oil and heat until golden. Remove and set aside with chicken.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute on medium heat until garlic turns golden.
- Add fava (or lima) beans, chopped artichokes, wine and orange zest. Bring to a simmer and return chicken and almonds to pan.
- Simmer gently until wine's volume has reduced by about half and chicken is cooked throughout.
- To serve, place on each plate and top with vegetables and sauce.
- Total Fat:20g
- Saturated Fat:2.5g
- Dietary Fiber:21g
- % of Calories from Fat:30%
- Recipe Credit
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments