Spicy Chicken w/Angel Hair Pasta
By 30 Minutes or Less
A mildly spicy sauce complements this simple chicken and pasta dish that is sure to be a family favorite!
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
4 cups broccoli florets
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb (8 oz) chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 jar (26 oz) pasta sauce, low-sodium
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
8 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- While the water heats, chop onion, mince garlic and cut broccoli into tiny florets. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil until very hot. Add the chicken. Cook and stir until lightly browned on both sides (approximately 5-8 minutes). Place chicken on a clean plate and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir onion for approximately 3 minutes. Add the garlic and broccoli and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Add entire jar of pasta sauce, cayenne pepper and salt. Gently mix to blend ingredients. Cover and simmer until chicken and vegetables are warmed through (approximately 4 minutes).
- Drop pasta into boiling water. Cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Divide pasta onto four dinner plates. Top each with 1/4 of the chicken and sauce mixture. Serve.
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- % of Calories from Fat: 15%
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Protein: 25g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments