Asparagus w/Lemon Sauce
By 30 Minutes or Less
This refreshing sauce is an excellent complement to fish, scallops, chicken or meat dishes!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
20 medium asparagus stalks, rinsed and trimmed
1 fresh lemon
2 Tbsp mayonnaise, fat-free
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/16 tsp salt
- Place 1 inch of water in a 4-quart sauce pan with lid.
- Place a steamer basket inside pot and add asparagus. Cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for an additional 5 minutes (until asparagus is easily pierced with a sharp knife).
- While asparagus cooks, grate lemon zest into a small bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press out extra juice and remove pits. Add mayonnaise, parsley, pepper and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- When the asparagus is tender, remove from pot. Place asparagus in a serving bowl. Drizzle lemon sauce evenly over the asparagus. Serve.
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- % of Calories from Fat: 0%
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Protein: 2g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Comments (0)