Buttons & Bows Pasta
By 30 Minutes or Less
This light and lemony meal is a refreshing change to your typical pasta du jour!
2 cups (8 oz) whole wheat bowtie pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 bag (16 oz) peas and carrots, frozen
2 cups (16 oz) chicken broth, low-sodium
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat in large saute pan. Cook until soft, but not browned.
- Add peas and carrots. Cook gently until the vegetables are heated through.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch, mix well.
- Add to pan with vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Add parsley, pasta, lemon zest, and pepper. Toss gently and cook until the pasta is hot.
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- % of Calories from Fat: 16%
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Protein: 12g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments