Wow-y Maui Pasta Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
This sweet and colorful side dish is a great addition to any spring or summer party!
2 cups (8 oz) whole wheat rotini (spiral) pasta
1 cup fresh snow peapods, sliced thinly on an angle (julienned)
1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
1/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 cup plain yogurt, fat-free
1 Tbsp fresh chives, rinsed and chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta an cook until tender (about 8 minutes). Drain, cool, and set aside.
- In the meantime, place peapods in a microwave dish, add enough water to keep moist, and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients together in separate bowl and toss gently.
- Add cooked pasta and peapods and toss to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 0%
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Protein: 8g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments