Farmers Market Gazpacho
By 30 Minutes or Less
This dish, very similar to salsa, is great as an appetizer or snack. Serve with warmed whole wheat bread or baked chips.
2 medium cucumbers, diced
2 medium red bell peppers, diced
3 medium green bell peppers, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups (16 oz) tomato juice, low sodium
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except salt, pepper, and lemons in a bowl.
- Remove 2 cups of the mixture and reserve.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the remaining mixture in the bowl.
- Add back in the reserved 2 cups to the mixutre.
- Season with lemon juice (and salt and pepper) as desired.
- Total Fat:1g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:7g
- % of Calories from Fat:7.5%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the Johnson and Wales University and Rhode Island Department of Health WIC Program.
- 3 new comments