Grilled Vegetable Packets
By 30 Minutes or Less
Enjoy the taste of summer grilling all year long with these simple veggie packets that can also be baked in the oven too!
2 small zucchinis, diced
2 small summer squash, sliced
4 small red potatoes, scrubbed well and sliced
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1/2 medium bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1/4 cup Italian dressing, low-fat
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to meduim heat or 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or heat oven to 400 degrees).
- Wash vegetables and slice.
- Toss in large bowl. Add dressing and toss until vegetables are coated.
- Tear 2 large squares of alluminum foil and place half of the vegetable mixture on each piece. Place an equal piece of foil over the top of the vegetable mixture and fold bottom piece with top sheet to form a packet.
- Place on heated grill for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Before you open the packets, poke holes in the foil with a fork (be very careful opening the foil as the steam will be very hot and could burn you!).
- Empty vegetables onto serving plates or serve from foil packets.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 7%
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Protein: 4g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the Connecticut Food Policy Council.