Berry Bread Pudding
By 30 Minutes or Less
This 2-ingredient, sweet and satisfying berry recipe makes a great dessert for breakfast. Serve with low-fat yogurt for added nutrition and taste!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 3/4
1 1/2 cups berries (raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
5 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine cleaned and dried berries.
- Layer a spoonful of berries on the bottom of a small 2-cup deep dish.
- Cover the berries and the bottom of the dish with a layer of bread.
- Spoon in most of the berries. Add another layer or bread and continue until the dish is full.
- Finish off with a layer of bread.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place a plate or bowl over the top of the berry dish that fits just inside of it.
- Place a heavy object on the top to press down on the fruit and bread layers.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and serve.
- Total Fat:2.5g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:8g
- % of Calories from Fat:8%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from the University of Connecticut Family Nutrition Project.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments